Tommy Robinson, co-founder of PEGIDA UK, appeared live on Arab TV channel Al Jazeera today, 07/02/2016.
The debate centred on the synchronised PEGIDA rallies across Europe and the mass immigration of Muslims into Europe. Tommy came under fire a few times, but put in a very strong performance.
Pay specific attention to the video from 14 minutes in. The host tries to trip Tommy up by quoting verses from the Bible. Tommy proves more than a match for this and counters with quite a rant at the Qatari owners of the TV station.
I’m not comfortable with this ‘far right’ label, hence my interest and my ‘following’ of related events. I do feel that, whilst Tommy Robinson et al make valid points, delivering them as clearly and logically as his efforts today, then surely they have every right to be heard.
I saw nothing to suggest that PEGIDA UK were trying to ‘rally a mob’ or incite violence at their protests, in fact they appeared to work very hard to deliver a message of peaceful demonstration. It also appears that most of the sporadic violence across Europe on Saturday was initiated by the ‘far left’ anti-PEGIDA protestors, who seem a lot less intent on peaceful protest.
“West Midlands police said they made one arrest – at the anti-fascism counter demonstration for a public order offence – during the Birmingham rally, one of 14 expected to take place around Europe on Saturday.”
Rules for Pegida in Birmingham on the 6th. No alcohol, no aggression , no face coverings & silence on the walk 🇬🇧👊🏻✌🏻
— Tommy Robinson (@TRobinsonNewEra) February 2, 2016
References and further reading
- Tommy Robinson Speaks At Pegida UK March As Anti-Islam Protests Are Held Across Europe. Huffington Post, 07/02/2016.
- Pegida UK supporters stage anti-Islam silent march in Birmingham. Guardian, 07/02/2016.
- Inside Britain’s Sharia courts: There are now EIGHTY-FIVE Islamic courts dispensing ‘justice’ across the UK. Daily Mail, 13/12/2015.
- Jon Gaunt & Weyman Bennett discuss Tommy Robinson & Pegida UK. Talk2Me Radio, 03/02/2016.
- Tommy Robinson: Enemy of the State. Available on Amazon.
UPDATE: There IS a portion of Tommy’s speech CUT from the footage above, this LINK gives the edited portion.