SNP Hypocrisy #1 – Dr Paul Monaghan MP
The first of what may well be a series of ‘SNP Hypocrisy’ articles focuses on Dr Paul Monaghan, MP for Caithness, Sutherland & Easter Ross.
We’ve gathered together some brief highlights of this ‘new’ MP from Scotland, we’ll leave it up to you to decide where on the ‘hypocrisy’ scale he would fit.
Dr Paul Monaghan, a brief Bio
Paul Monaghan was elected SNP MP for Caithness, Sutherland & Easter Ross on May 7th 2015 with 15831 votes, taking 46.3% of the vote.
Paul joined the SNP in 1994. During his campaign, he advocated, amongst other topics, the decommissioning of Royal Navy nuclear submarines at this site.
Paul studied at Inverness Royal Academy and at the University of Stirling, where he gained a first class honours degree in Psychology and Sociology and a PhD in Social Policy.
Prior to his election, he worked for his family run care home, the Balmoral Lodge Eventide Residential Home at Strathpeffer. After that, Paul was employed as Head of Planning and Development at Northern Constabulary.
Some further reading:
- SNP MP told racist cybernat to ’keep it up’
- Paul Monaghan & the SNP Racist Cybernat
- The unmasking of Claire Robertson – Part 1
- The unmasking of Claire Robertson – Part 2
- SNP MP exposed as a ‘pathetic’ internet troll
- SNP MP visits Israel and Palestine
- Adviser to Chief Constable on email charge
- A trio of embarrassments for the SNP
- SNP selection under fire over second MP
- Dr Paul Monaghan, a pathetic excuse for an MP, but…
- Scottish MP Paul Monaghan apologises over anti-Semitic tweet